IoT World Summit Russia 2017 was held in the city of modern technologies Innopolis (Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan) - an international event dedicated to the development of key aspects of society's life through the implementation of modern systems and technologies based on the “Internet of Things”.
The primary objective of the international meeting of middle and large business representatives, governmental structures and specialists in the field of high technologies was an analysis of the current state and prospects of the development of IoT technologies in Russia.
A number of Russian and foreign specialists in the field of "Internet of Things" technologies took part in the event as experts and also business and state representatives. Among the participants of the summit:
• In Dong Cho - vice mayor of Seoul city (Republic of Korea), director of the program "Innovative Seoul"
• Denis Valeev - Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Republic of Tatarstan
• Einar Landre - Chief IT Analyst at Statoil, Norway
• Andrey Troitsky, expert in the “Internet of Things”, SAP CIS
• Willson Dang, CEO of Arcstone Pte. Ltd., Singapore
• Arseny Tarasov, Director of Microsoft Digital Transformation in Russia
• Alexander Haytin, Executive Director, YANDEX DATA FACTORY
• Armen Badalov, Vice President for Business Development and Strategy, Russia and the CIS at Schneider Electric
In addition the representatives of leading companies in their fields were attended IoT World Summit Russia 2017: Cisco, Airbus, Skolkovo, Tatneft, Yandex Data Factory, KAMAZ, Sberbank of Russia and many others. Especially noteworthy are the main strategic partners of the summit: AK BARS Bank, Microsoft, Huawei, Dassault Systems, Neoflex, Softline, Cisco and MTS.
IoT World Summit Russia 2017 started on September 19th. All participants, partners and organizers of the summit were greeted by the Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev. As part of the first speeches experts discussed the global context of new technologies and best practices. The speakers paid special attention to the Russian Model of Transition to industry 4.0. The opening day of the summit was devoted to important issues of IoT-realities. You can read more detailed information about the first day of the summit here.
The second day of IoT World Summit Russia 2017 was even more intense and practical. An important component of the second stage of the summit was # SMART City Stream in which experts gathered at a round table to discuss relevant topics about the implementation of the Internet of Things into the urban environment.
The first topic for discussion was an intellectual mobility in cities. Sergey Makedonsky, regional director of Forrester Research, became a moderator of this conversation. It’s worth noting among speakers:
• Alexander Safronov, Marketing Director, EuroMobile;
• Tatiana Romancheva, Leading Specialist in Public-Private Partnership Directorate, Head of the Development of Intelligent Transport Systems, State Research Center of the Russian Federation FSUE “NAMI”;
• Ilya Lyasnikov, Department for Transport and Road Infrastructure Developement of Moscow city
Another important ideological component of the second day of the summit was the topic - Smart Grid, as an innovative intellectual system for managing the megacity energy. Izmail Huzmiev – CEO Advisor, JSC “IDGC of the North Caucasus” - moderated the conversation. The key speaker of the discussion was Dmitry Sharovatov - CEO, JSC "BESK". Upon completion of the summit, Mr. Sharovatov shared his opinion regarding such practical meetings between Russian and international experts.
SMART Agro Stream was particularly eventful on this day. In particular, thanks to the presentation of Oleg Alexandrov, the head of the Rostselmash project. He spoke about: "Integrated systems of control, monitoring and analysis for farming".
On top of everything else the organizer of the event, Redenex company, has opened a special program for its partners - IoT Leadership Programme. Richard Green, professor of Harper Adams University, has acted within it with a theme digital transformations of agro-industries, and also Director of Business Development in Smart Architects, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Information Technologies in Management Graduate School of Management SPbU, Project Consultant of Technopark of St. Petersburg, Maxim Arzumanyan. In his speech our speaker touched on such themes:
• Key challenges of digital transformation and general patterns of the industry 4.0
• The potential of digital transformation for various industries and organizations
• Evolution of approaches to strategic management - how to build a strategy today
• National technological initiative and its role for business transformation
• How to think about digital transformation? The concept of a business model
• Modern ways of organizing works and "conscious transformations"
• Extended enterprise architecture for decision making in an avalanche of digital transformation
Another key interactive format was STARTUP LAB - a session with 10 Russian developers in different areas of IoT. Mikhail Sverdlov, Manager of Regional Projects of the Foundation for the Development of Internet Initiatives (FDII), was a moderator. Among the jury members are: Damir Galiev, head of the project office of innovative development of PJSC "AK BARS” Bank, who spoke about the most relevant IoT cases in the banking systems of the world, Arsen Savva, deputy director of the Investment and Venture Fund of the Republic of Tatarstan, Sayar Sabirov, head of the business incubator of the Kazan IT-park.
The projects were presented within START UP LAB:
• Vira LLC - management of the heating system in buildings depending on climate change
• UGREY LLC is an energy accounting service that does not require the installation of expensive equipment and programs
• SmartTerra is a decentralized data processing and management platform of IOT devices and robots
• Sports Automatics - FootBot, a robotic training complex for the training of football players
• TIT Group LLC - ParkWise, intelligent parking platform• NoXA Data Lab - collection, processing, analysis of transaction data in real time
• MAXADPRO - solutions that simplify the organization of any size event
• "AIR TECHNOLOGY" LLC - a system of air signals for a small unmanned aerial vehicle
• Buydentity - solutions for trade finance processes optimization and supply chains tracking
• "Comfort Innovations" LLC - vertically complete solution development for home automation ("smart house out of the box").
The second day photo report of IoT World Summit Russia 2017 is available at the following link.
More than 40 real projects of digital technologies implementation were presented at Summit from such companies as: Kamaz, Statoil, Innopolis City Hall, Moscow City Hall, Seoul City Hall, Sukhoi Civil Aircraft, Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant, Russian Helicopters, ROTEK, Rostelecom, TATITNEFT, LokoTech, NVision Group, SUEK, Agrosila, Rostselmash, SAP CIS, NAMI, Sberbank, SEZ Alabuga, Tattelecom, University of Innopolis, Huawei Technologies, Harper Adams University, etc.
IoT World Summit Russia 2017 became a milestone event of international scale. The event was attended by 675 delegates from 17 regions of Russia and from more than 14 countries of the world. This is an invaluable experience for the Russian Federation, the practical side of the summit is a chance to improve the life of society with the help of new technologies today. The participants shared their experience and opened new opportunities in using advanced smart solutions that can be implemented in all spheres of life and business.
The organizer of the summit is an international company Redenex. National partner of the event - AK BARS Bank. Innovative partner - Microsoft. Internet partner - Rostelecom. Golden partners: Huawei, Dassault Systems, Neoflex, Softline, Cisco, MTS / NVision system integrator.